Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roosterman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
I’m trying to buy an iPhone SE3 but the seems to be out of stock everywhere. No UK stores have stock, no New York stores have any stock. Both UK and US online sales are quoting 3 week delivery which make me a little suspicious? Is the SE 3 being discontinued, or is there a production supply issue? Apple won’t give me a straight answer? Thanks!

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Apple won’t give me a straight answer?

So you've actually asked them?

Are you dead set on one specific color/storage combination or did you try configuring several combos on Apple.com to see if the delivery estimate differed? In any case, 3 weeks isn't really that long to wait for a phone that you really want, so I'd say just order it online.

Roosterman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried several colours or storage options but there doesn’t seem to be any phones in stock anywhere. If I wanted an IPhone 14, 13, mini etc I could walk into any store and collect one, straight away……..but not with the SE.

Just wondered what was going on? Is is a supply issue, or manufacturing problem, or is it being discontinued (which seems unlikely as the phone is quite new).

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Freight issues. If you order one from the Apple Store where the SE is assembled, the delivery time is 3-5 days. Apple is focusing freight capacity on other new products.

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
I went through that as well trying to get ahold of one. No Apple stores near me (5 of them in my metro area) have any in any color or capacity, and of course online ordering as well shows a 3 week or so wait.

I finally went to my carrier store and asked them- they had one in stock I was able to walk out with this past Sunday.

I have read that Apple cut back production on the SE due to extremely low demand, and now we are being hit with production and transportation delays, reducing the access to the already small number of these being produced.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Freight issues. If you order one from the Apple Store where the SE is assembled, the delivery time is 3-5 days. Apple is focusing freight capacity on other new products.

??? I'm pretty sure you don't mean that the iPhone SEs are manufactured at Apple Stores (because obviously they aren't), but I'm not sure what you do mean by this. Did you mean "in stock" instead of assembled?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.