Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adamski25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2018
In this thread, if you have a tip or something others should know about Apple’s silicone cases, go ahead and let us know!
[doublepost=1533067551][/doublepost]I’ve heard that the apple silicone cases yellow. I just got a midnight blue and a white one, will the yellow and how long will they last before they start to yellow?

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
In this thread, if you have a tip or something others should know about Apple’s silicone cases, go ahead and let us know!
[doublepost=1533067551][/doublepost]I’ve heard that the apple silicone cases yellow. I just got a midnight blue and a white one, will the yellow and how long will they last before they start to yellow?

I haven't had any yellowing on mine, although I have the blu cobalt (and there's also a thread where user spoke about how well their white silicone version were holding up).

It appears to be that the quality of the silicone is pretty strong. Perhaps earlier versions may have had a problem with yellowing, but based on the reviews it's seems that they hold up quite well.

ktsanf

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011

I had a white Apple silicon case on a 6s Plus for a year or so, and it did not yellow at all. Held up very nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.