Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiensoy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I know I’m running low on storage. I don’t need a red dot showing on the settings icon. If I open settings and decline getting more iCloud space the red dot goes away for a few minutes then it’s back again insisting to get iCloud storage. Sooo annoying. I will clean up my phone when I want, and get more space when I feel like it. No need to shove iCloud storage plans on my face every time.

Reactions: DrBrush

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
I know I’m running low on storage. I don’t need a red dot showing on the settings icon. If I open settings and decline getting more iCloud space the red dot goes away for a few minutes then it’s back again insisting to get iCloud storage. Sooo annoying. I will clean up my phone when I want, and get more space when I feel like it. No need to shove iCloud storage plans on my face every time.
It’s designed for people who don’t know how to do that.

DrBrush

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2016
Couldn't agree more. Does anyone know of any way of turning off this notification?

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I saw a youtube video of someone recommending using Google's photo cloud storage instead of iCloud to solve this and with no cost for unlimited photos. This assumes photos is what is using a lot of disk space on your iPhone.

Here is the video

DrBrush

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2016
There are a hundred ways that I could remove content from my phone. That's not really the point. I have around 4 Gb free, and am happy with that. I don't want to remove content from my phone, but I also don't want to have a constant message saying that my phone storage is almost full. Why can't I simply turn off that notification?

kiensoy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
There are a hundred ways that I could remove content from my phone. That's not really the point. I have around 4 Gb free, and am happy with that. I don't want to remove content from my phone, but I also don't want to have a constant message saying that my phone storage is almost full. Why can't I simply turn off that notification?

Exactly. I like using most of my storage. I don’t see the point on having lots of unused space. I do empty my phone if I will be going on a trip where I need space for photos and video etc. but other than that I’m fine with my phone almost full.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Exactly. I like using most of my storage. I don’t see the point on having lots of unused space. I do empty my phone if I will be going on a trip where I need space for photos and video etc. but other than that I’m fine with my phone almost full.

I completely understand your gripe however I'm curious how much storage you have left on your iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.