Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skyperbon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
All over the WWW...
Anyone else facing issue with incorrect iPhone storage bug on iOS 14?

My iPhone X shows 138 GB / 256 GB used but the bar shows it’s full.

Even the health data shows 1.61TB used.
9178C306-A0FE-4E0E-BDA5-C6FEE121AA78.jpeg

iFan

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2007
Back in the day I saw this bug (although it was the other category taking up all the space) - on a retail unit in the Apple store I was working at. The other section was taking up too much space on the 3GS 8GB demo unit, causing the restore from backup at night to fail.

I brought it to the attention fo Retail Engineering via email and he thought I was nuts but forwarded it to software QA anyway. 24 Hours later I hear back that they found a corruption issue in the software. I wasn't nuts. They fixed it in the next update.

A variant of this issue seems to happen to people randomly on a variety of iOS devices (even the series 3 watch upgrade last week.)

I'm surprised after 14 versions of iOS that apple hasn't fixed the storage system to eliminate these fake full storage scenarios, but I lack the software engineering knowledge to comprehend why it happens or how to fix outside of reboots and restores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.