Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cap2587

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
I recently updated my IPhone 13 mini to iOS 17.4.1. However, after I did this the phone would shut off every 2-3 min. I tried to restore the iPhone, but same problem occurred. After a force restart the iPhone is now stuck in recovery mode that I cannot get it out of. Tried recovering through ITunes, but always errors out at the last stage when phone restarts after verifying software. Tried Windows and Mac computers to restore. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

JonnyMacx86

macrumors regular
Staff member
Feb 10, 2024
Halifax, NS
It sounds like you've done everything reasonable to solve the issue with software. It really sounds like your iPhone may need repair or replacement.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I recently updated my IPhone 13 mini to iOS 17.4.1. However, after I did this the phone would shut off every 2-3 min. I tried to restore the iPhone, but same problem occurred. After a force restart the iPhone is now stuck in recovery mode that I cannot get it out of. Tried recovering through ITunes, but always errors out at the last stage when phone restarts after verifying software. Tried Windows and Mac computers to restore. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Try restoring 17.4.1 using iTunes/Finder and use update 21E237 not 21E236.. It was supposed to fix the issue you're describing.. 237 isn't available OTA so that's why you need to download from ispw.me and update through a MAC or PC

Reactions: JonnyMacx86

cap2587

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
Thanks for some good advice. How do I point the restore to 21E237 using ITunes as it just tends to download/restore its own version?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Thanks for some good advice. How do I point the restore to 21E237 using ITunes as it just tends to download/restore its own version?
Go to this website:
Download the proper file for your device. Open iTunes and click on your phone, hold down option button while clicking on restore. Then just choose the file

cap2587

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
Unfortunately, that did not work and received an error 10 message after it finished the restore and went to reboot and then goes back into recovery mode. Is there a possibility that another version of firmware could work? Tried this on MAC and windows computer.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Unfortunately, that did not work and received an error 10 message after it finished the restore and went to reboot and then goes back into recovery mode. Is there a possibility that another version of firmware could work? Tried this on MAC and windows computer.
Try to put your phone into DFU mode and then try.
If that doesn't work you should take it to an Apple Store and tell them updating caused the issues you're having. They may be able to help

cap2587

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
Thanks for all of your assistance on this issue. DFU mode unfortunately does not resolve the issue either. Does any 3rd party software (imy phone fixxpo, mac fone lab etc) have a chance of installing the firmware and resolving the issue. Or is that just a waste of time, considering recovery and DFU mode did not work. I will schedule an appointment with Apple and see what they say.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Thanks for all of your assistance on this issue. DFU mode unfortunately does not resolve the issue either. Does any 3rd party software (imy phone fixxpo, mac fone lab etc) have a chance of installing the firmware and resolving the issue. Or is that just a waste of time, considering recovery and DFU mode did not work. I will schedule an appointment with Apple and see what they say.
I've never used 3rd party software so not sure. Hopefully Apple can help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.