Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henamar1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2020
Phone 7, iOS 11.3 (I think), I went over all resolving action items for error 14 (switch usb, FW etc)

Description and History:

The iPhone didn't has free GB. It started to turn on (stuck on the apple icon) and turn off again repeatably (I heard this is called boot loop situation).

I tried to reset him but no success.
The mistake I made was to do an update via my PC. The upgrade is getting stuck on 20% and then error 14 pops up.

Reset to factory default is not an option. My mistake was i didn't back it up for 3 years and all of my baby daughter photos, videos and memories are there.

Please any advice/clue would help. Is it solvable ? I don't mind send it to US . I heard that error 14 when no free disk is a dead end. Is that correct ?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
What probably happened is your iPhone 7 was out of space and you tried to update it. Now it's giving you error 14 which can be several things. If you have already tried what was recommended, the only thing left in my opinion is to take it to someone who can recover your data. You can not reset it or use DFU because that will delete all your data, photos, music, videos, etc. Since you're not in the US, is there anyplace in your country that can do data recovery from an iPhone? Maybe someone else has ideas that will help.

Reactions: ericwn

henamar1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2020
I'm from israel and there are labs here, but i don't mind to ship it to us and pay for the extraction. However i didn't find any reliable lab here. Is there any protocol i can ship it to formal lab in US ?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
You're better off finding someone in Israel who can extract your data from the phone rather than shipping it to the US. With the current situation here in the US regarding the virus pandemic, all Apple Stores are closed and many other businesses are also. Besides that, you would have to find a reliable data extraction service here first. Sorry but I don't know of any.

henamar1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2020
From the local lab data recovery is not an option, they are just restore it to factory default. Is this the status in US also ?

DM321

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2020
@Henarmar1 - It's been more than 1 month now. Did you found any solution? I'm also stuck in same situation and looking for some solution.

henamar1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2020
@DM321 Unfortunately no. I even reached specific RnD people inside apple, but no luck. The iPhone sill here and I hope one day I will be able to extract the photos. Let me know if you find any solution.

DM321

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2020
@henarmal1 - I haven't found any concrete solution but there is one third party software(paid tool) who claims they recover data from iPhone.

Although they are giving 7-day money-back guarantee if it doesn't work but I don't know whether to trust them or not. The software name is Dr. fone. You can download it and check what are they offering?
[automerge]1589694249[/automerge]
Also! I had a conversation with apple guys through chat and they suggested me to talk to this lab. I'm gonna contact them may be tomorrow.

Last edited:

henamar1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2020
Thanks @DM321 , about Dr. fone, do you think this works even if the iphone doesn't even start ? i'm not sure we have the same case as I also have a boot loop.

Is that the case on your side ?

DM321

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2020
My phone also has a boot loop too.
I'm not sure whether Dr. fone can help when the phone is in off mode.
I've sent my case to them. I will buy it if they will confirm that their tool can resolve my problem.
Let me see what are they replying to?

Chrisbc

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2015
My phone also has a boot loop too.
I'm not sure whether Dr. fone can help when the phone is in off mode.
I've sent my case to them. I will buy it if they will confirm that their tool can resolve my problem.
Let me see what are they replying to?

Did Dr. Fone work? I'm dealing with the same issue.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
I have my sisters phone that has the same issue as you all. Nothing I’ve tried has worked.she is resigned to losing everything if only the phone would work again. It is also in a boot loop and will not turn on. I’m hoping someone will be able to help.

simsimdan

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2020
@DM321 Unfortunately no. I even reached specific RnD people inside apple, but no luck. The iPhone sill here and I hope one day I will be able to extract the photos. Let me know if you find any solution.
i have the same problem. Tried everything... (went to the apple store ,called apple support ,tried a third party software ,tried the newest iTunes update)
even if u send it here to the US they will give u the same answer - "u have to restore phone" which means to lose all of ur data.
i would advise u do NOT restore it,if u can,just put it aside and wait for a solution to come up, maybe someone will come up with an answer eventually..
dont lose hope!
i actually heard that there are good labs in Israel, if u find a lab there that can save the data on ur phone plz update us,i wont mind sending my phone there for a fix...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.