Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RAWandVITAL

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2013
Just want to start off, last iPhone I owned was back when the iPhone 6 launched. After that device I went android. Now I'm back witht he 14 Pro Max. Loving every second of it. Still getting used to things though. My wife switched over from her S21 Ultra.

With that being said. I'm having sync problems and I need help.

My daughter has an iPod touch and that is connected to my apple account. She also has an iPad and that's also connected to my apple account.

When I set up my iPhone 14, I must have did something because in my photo app, all the pictures that my daughter took on either her iPod or iPad are syncing over to my iPhone. How or what do I need to do so all of those pictures stay put on their own device and don't sync across all devices. Is that even possible since all devices are all using my apple account?

I want the pictures on my iPhone to be just that. Picture that I have taken with my iPhone. I don't pictures of my 6 year olds stuffed animals syncing across on my iPhone.

I just want those devices to keep their photos on their own device and not sync everwhere. Thanks in advance!

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Yes, just turn off iCloud on your phone for those apps you don't want to sync. Go to Settings > [Apple ID] > iCloud > Apps Using iCloud > Show All, and then disable those you don't want.

RAWandVITAL

macrumors member
Original poster
May 8, 2013
Yes, just turn off iCloud on your phone for those apps you don't want to sync. Go to Settings > [Apple ID] > iCloud > Apps Using iCloud > Show All, and then disable those you don't want.
if I may, since i'm new again to the workings of apple and iphone.

When I click over that slider to turn off iCloud and I get the popup that doing this will delete yadda yadda yadda. All it's deleting is the pictures backed up to icloud correct? Which is fine. All my pictures get backed up to Google Photos. That's my go to app for picture/video backup.

iCloud is similar to google photos, right? Take a picture. It syncs with iCloud and is backed up. If you have multiple devices connected to icloud it uploads all those photos into iCloud hence, why i'm seeing pictures taken across all devices? Because they're all being backed up and synced across devices connected to my account?

If I disable iCloud on my iPhone 14, it's only deleting the backup on iCloud, that's it?

I do still want call logs, text messages and stuff to be synced and backed up. I screwed myself when I setup my iPhone. I set it up manually and didn't install the move to iOS app. Now that my iPhone is almost 100% setup how I want it, I tried to restore my texts from my old Pixel device and I don't think there is a way. you have to use Move to iOS on initial start up/set up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.