Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
CoconutBattery used to run natively on iOS 9 and I still have it installed on an iPhone that runs that OS. See screenshot. It displays battery temperature.
While it isn't available any longer to run natively on iOS, I can tell you from 6 years of experience that a numerical display of the battery temperature isn't needed.
The best thermometer is your hand. When the phone starts feeling too hot to hold comfortably, it's running about 103°F which is getting up there.

So just use your temperature sensors in your hand & fingers to gauge how hot the iPhone is.
If it feels uncomfortably hot to hold - it needs to cool down.

Easy - and free

Old coconutBattery shown below:
image.png

Reactions: chabig

iamsaifkhan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
India
CoconutBattery used to run natively on iOS 9 and I still have it installed on an iPhone that runs that OS. See screenshot. It displays battery temperature.
While it isn't available any longer to run natively on iOS, I can tell you from 6 years of experience that a numerical display of the battery temperature isn't needed.
The best thermometer is your hand. When the phone starts feeling too hot to hold comfortably, it's running about 103°F which is getting up there.

So just use your temperature sensors in your hand & fingers to gauge how hot the iPhone is.
If it feels uncomfortably hot to hold - it needs to cool down.

Easy - and free

Old coconutBattery shown below: View attachment 1829131
This app is not available for my iPhone 11 running iOS 14.7.1

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Correct. It was removed from the App Store when iOS 10 came out - four years ago.
I just posted a screenshot to show what it displays.
Apple thinks that users knowing battery temperature is bad so they blocked that information from app developers (even though the info does exist).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.