Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 08.01.07.png

Reactions: Andeddu

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
No passcode or no automatic lock enabled...hopefully this example of stupidity will get some people out there to think twice about protecting their devices.
It shouldn't be possible to turn these things off.

Reactions: transmaster

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
No passcode or no automatic lock enabled...hopefully this example of stupidity will get some people out there to think twice about protecting their devices.
It shouldn't be possible to turn these things off.
According to reports from the plane's cabin these iPhones were sucked out of the hands of people using them. But you do have a point. One of these recovered iPhones had the charging cable attached and the USB-A side was ripped off.

RoadWarrior56

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2014
My daughter lives in Portland. Remains of the airplane door fell in the back yard of a former work associate of my son-in-law. It fell into a group of trees and I have seen the photo online. The iPhone apparently fell across the Columbia River in Vancouver, WA. What case did that iPhone have on it?

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
They are pointing out on "X" that if the health monitoring functions were turned on the NTSB might be able to get some data from this iPhone.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
My daughter lives in Portland. Remains of the airplane door fell in the back yard of a former work associate of my son-in-law. It fell into a group of trees and I have seen the photo online. The iPhone apparently fell across the Columbia River in Vancouver, WA. What case did that iPhone have on it?
There are several thousand people asking the same Question on "X". I can tell you it isn't an OtterBox Defender.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Moderator Note:

Please continue the discussion in the news thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.