Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexryans

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Thought I’d start a thread as we get closer to the iPhone 15 announcement/preorder/release period.

For those of us in the UK, what are the best options for trade-ins on the market today?

I’m conscious that eBay will almost always be the best bet for selling a phone in good condition, but as for trade-in options, what are people most recommending and using in 2023?

Personally, I’ve got an iPhone 14 Pro Max in excellent condition that I’ll be looking to trade in to fund the 15 Pro Max come release period, and I’ve previously found that reBuy have been the absolute best when it comes to offering the most money (as well as flexibility when it comes to pickup dates for existing handsets), but it looks like they’ve closed for business now, which is a big shame.

There’s obviously MusicMagpie and Mazuma, but they tend not to offer that much, as well as Apple’s own offering, but are there any other, lesser-know outlets which are reputable?

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Go to compareandrecycle.co.uk . I am also in the same boat looking at getting the new iPhone announced Tuesday however I want to lock in a price for my current phone ahead of time.

There is normally a delay from the new iPhone being on sale to trying to minimize the time without a phone. Seems like you have 14 days from them giving you a price to sending it back

Reactions: alexryans

alexryans

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Wow, fantastic - this is great, and it’s showing me options which give a much better valuation than MusicMagpie or Mazuma. Thanks!

rctneil

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
If you complete an order to sell your device with these services, are you obliged to then send it or can i not send it if I decided to keep my phone instead?

BAZ1307

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
Newcastle, UK
I've decided to lock in a price with Music Magpie and just go to the Smartdrop Kiosk to save the hassle of sending it anywhere and waiting. I've got 21 days to return my iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB for £700.

All I'm bothered about is getting enough to pay off the remaining finance which this does. It works out a lot better than using the iPhone Upgrade Programme from Apple which I used to use. Here I can probably have the 2 phones side by side until set up, then drop the old one off. If it's more than 21 days, or I choose to go somewhere else, it doesn't matter, I can cancel the selling request.

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2016
London
I’ve locked in a price of £746 with the iOutlet who have 5* trustpilot reviews. Never used them but have them in as an option.

Also got a UR trade in value with them for £799 but I just feel as if they’re too good to be true. 4.5* trustpilot review from them but they have had a few negative reviews so not sure if it’s worth going with them.

I’ve got one locked in at musicmagpie for £720 who are very reliable.

And then finally there’s one with a company called Twig who quoted me £831. But again, never used them before, 4.5* trustpilot review but they’ve also had a few negative feedback with people saying they reduce the price upon examination

jason1096

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2022
I think I'm going to use compareandrecycle.co.uk to sell my 14 pro 256gb. It's in pristine condition as I only used it at home with a case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.