Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solinari6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
I currently have an iPhone X, wanting to trade in for either an 11 or a 12 mini. Right now I just went through the apple store calculator, and it said it would give me $250 for my X (which is more than I anticipated). How often do those values change?

I don't have a ton of money now, so want to get the most for the X I can, but if the trade in value goes down significantly before the 12 comes out, I'd rather just get the 11.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
500 for 11pro max...so not good. last year they offered $600 if I recall.

I noticed that too.Apple was like “ with these new materials your iPhone will hold value longer”...Last year they gave 600 for the XS Max. This year 100 dollars less for the year old iPhone 11 Pro Max smh.

Xodd

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2009
How does the trade-in work? Upon buying the 12 online, do i pay the full price first and then they refund me the trade-in amount once they receive my phone?

Also i understand they need to check my phone first. My phone is generally in good condition with everything working. Of course with an XS there are small scratches. Do they make deductions based on the initial estimated amount?

solinari6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
replying to myself .. (lol)
I just chatted with them online, and they said that trade in values get adjusted every sunday, so there's no way to say if the will be offering the same values when the 12 comes out :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.