Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muhle

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
So i just noticed that my iPhone (running ios 15.4) when fully turned off, can turn on just by a single click of the power button. No holding it for a few seconds needed. Is this a new future of the latest update?

Can anyone confirm by shutting off the iPhone wait for it to fully shut down and then click the power button real quick and see if it will turn on?

alphasports

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2019
No it's been doing that for awhile...no idea since when but I noticed it by accident on my 12 several months ago. Weird because you tap the button once and have no idea if anything's happening for like 5 seconds before the logo appears!

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Earlier versions of iOS (9) would start up the boot up process after a single click of the power button.
Some genius at Apple thought that was too convenient so they then delayed it 6 seconds before it would boot.

I can say, that that 6 second delay before starting the boot up process is THE MOST irritating aspect of these newer OSes. Totally unnecessary. Very annoying.

muhle

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Earlier versions of iOS (9) would start up the boot up process after a single click of the power button.
Some genius at Apple thought that was too convenient so they then delayed it 6 seconds before it would boot.

I can say, that that 6 second delay before starting the boot up process is THE MOST irritating aspect of these newer OSes. Totally unnecessary. Very annoying.
oh ok. But the "one click power up" is happening with iphone 11 on ios 15.4. You reckon apple has made a change?

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
This behavior has to do with the new 'iPhone Findable After Power Off' feature in iOS 15, and is available for phones that have the U1 chip (iPhone 11 and above). It has been this way since iOS 15.0.

If you leave this feature on, then the phone turns off into a low power state, and turns back on with a single click. If you turn this feature off, then the phone is completely off and you have to hold the button in for a few seconds before it turns on.

On the slide to power off screen, you can temporarily disable this feature by tapping the "iPhone Findable After Power Off" text.

Sucrose

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2022
So I'm facing the same problem right now...i want to know whether this problem is fixed or not as i bought my iphone 11 just yesterday I still have the return the product date in my hand is this problem fixed please help me I'm currently in a panic situation right now fr

bricktop_at

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2017
So I'm facing the same problem right now...i want to know whether this problem is fixed or not as i bought my iphone 11 just yesterday I still have the return the product date in my hand is this problem fixed please help me I'm currently in a panic situation right now fr
Which problem exactly?

Sucrose

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2022
That isn‘t a problem, where do you get that idea from?
No, usually we have to simultaneously long press the power and the volume up button for turning on the phone
But why does my phone turns on, on Just one click on the power button,i think this is wierd as this isn't the normal way how iPhone's are turned on
I saw many people of this thread having the same problem
Should I talk to apple care or should I return my phone as this may be due to a hardware problem which could become a major issue in the future

bricktop_at

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2017
No, usually we have to simultaneously long press the power and the volume up button for turning on the phone
But why does my phone turns on, on Just one click on the power button,i think this is wierd as this isn't the normal way how iPhone's are turned on
I saw many people of this thread having the same problem
Should I talk to apple care or should I return my phone as this may be due to a hardware problem which could become a major issue in the future
I really don’t know which „iPhone“ you own(ed) that requires to push volume up and the power button to power on.

I‘d rather talk to Apple Support about that, instead of something that works perfectly fine

Sucrose

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2022
I own an
I really don’t know which „iPhone“ you own(ed) that requires to push volume up and the power button to power on.

I‘d rather talk to Apple Support about that, instead of something that works perfectly fine
iPhone 11 ,yeah I also think so that I should talk to Apple regarding this
But thank you for talking
Appreciate it 🙂

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I never had an iPhone that allowed you to turn on with pressing volume up and side button at the same time. I just simply just push the side button to turn my iphone on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.