Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LordTurtle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Good Morning Ladies & Gents,

My Name Is Bob And I Am 74 Years Old.

I Recently Purchased An Iphone And Have Just Discovered That It Is Very Difficult To Read Txt Messages. My Eyes Are Not What They Used To Be And My Grandchildren Send Me Many Txt Messages Each Day.

Is There Any Method Of Changing The Text Size, So I Can Read Better.

At The Moment I Have Been Carrying Around A Large Magnifying Glass To Read The Screen. It Is Hanging By Some String Around My Neck For Easy Access. People Laugh But My Phone Is Important To Me.

Have To Go And Iron Some Shirts. Any Suggestions Much Appreciated From The Young Folk On This Forum.

thatisdeep

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2008
Good Morning Ladies & Gents,

My Name Is Bob And I Am 74 Years Old.

I Recently Purchased An Iphone And Have Just Discovered That It Is Very Difficult To Read Txt Messages. My Eyes Are Not What They Used To Be And My Grandchildren Send Me Many Txt Messages Each Day.

Is There Any Method Of Changing The Text Size, So I Can Read Better.

At The Moment I Have Been Carrying Around A Large Magnifying Glass To Read The Screen. It Is Hanging By Some String Around My Neck For Easy Access. People Laugh But My Phone Is Important To Me.

Have To Go And Iron Some Shirts. Any Suggestions Much Appreciated From The Young Folk On This Forum.

Hi There,

I'm not sure if this will work for text messages and I can't check it because i don't have an iphone, but I just watched a video on youtube that teaches you how to use the magnifying feature on the iphone.

Heres the link:
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=_a6zoVm3TS4

What a trendy grandfather someone has, owning an iphone and all, I'm in new zealand where the iphone is being released on the 11th of july. quite exciting really.

hope i was of some help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.