Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

epidemija

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Hello,

Why Sprint Carrier is not supported for worldwide option? Can iPhone be unlocked directly from network?

Thank you.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hello,

Why Sprint Carrier is not supported for worldwide option? Can iPhone be unlocked directly from network?

Thank you.
The Sprint iPhone can only be unlocked for international use. You cannot unlock it yourself, you have to call Sprint. There is no commercially available unlock.

Requirements:
1. You must be a Sprint customer.
2. You must have established service with Sprint for no less than 90 days.
3. All bills must be paid on time and in full.

If you cannot meet any of those requirements then Sprint will not unlock the phone for you. If you are in the unhappy spot of purchasing a Sprint phone and you live outside of the United States of America you are in a tough spot because Sprint will not unlock this for you unless you meet the requirements.

Under no circumstances will Sprint EVER unlock an iPhone for domestic use in the USA.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
But if my IMEI doesn't starts with 99xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, is then possible to submit unlock here - worldwide iphone 5 unlock?

Thank you for uderstanding my problem.
I don't know.

All I can tell you is that there is no reported valid unlock (domestic/international) for Sprint in any reputable forum I have been a part of.

You can find endless posts on unlocks for AT&T and Verizon and even T-Mobile, but everything I've read says you cannot do this for Sprint.

Lastly, the way this works is that Apple maintains a database of unlocked IMEI/ESNs. Your IMEI/ESN gets added to this database, your iPhone is unlocked. But Sprint will not allow ANY of it's IMEI/ESNs to be entered into the database for unlocked domestic use. If you managed somehow to get one in there it'd probably be spotted very quickly as it'd be the ONLY Sprint one in there.

In any case, I don't see Sprint listed on that site you named. But if you want to be a test subject for us, then report back after they've taken your money.

pushlarry

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2013
good info,but everything I've read says you cannot do this for Sprint.thanks
13heRp7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.