Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hockeyamd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Has anyone had to deal with getting a defective iPhone replaced while in the Upgrade Program? After being bounced from person to person on the phone they are opening a case and someone in the next week will call us back. In all my years this is the first time getting defective one out the box.

Attachments

• IMG_0728.png
    IMG_0728.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 136

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Has anyone had to deal with getting a defective iPhone replaced while in the Upgrade Program? After being bounced from person to person on the phone they are opening a case and someone in the next week will call us back. In all my years this is the first time getting defective one out the box.
i emailed tim cook, someone from exec store relations called me. my new phone will here monday from china shipped today. retail box replacement, not AppleCare.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016

I would just return it under the 14 day return policy and order a new one. IUP will cancel that contract and create a new one. If you are near an Apple Store, do it there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.