Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Derived

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015
Midwest
I’m just curious, as I’m past the halfway point and have changed my mind, am likely going to go with an X. Had thought I would wait until the “X Plus” coming next year, but my 7 Plus has already take a big hit in performance and battery life, and has developed a few bugs that will likely require wiping the phone and starting fresh anyway. The price increase is negligible on a monthly basis.

Does the payment schedule continue on unchanged, or is the payment date reset once you upgrade? For example, if it comes out on the 27th of every month, does the payment date reset to the date you purchase the new phone? I was told by an Apple employee that there’s no real change, just the sales tax for the new device gets tacked onto the next monthly payment after you upgrade the device. Just wanted to make sure that was true.

Thanks so much in advance.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
Are you asking what exact day of the month you are billed? I’ve been in UP for years but never paid attention to exact day. When you ‘upgrade’ you start a new 2 year contract/loan. I would think date would be based on when you upgrade as you can’t do it early or late.

Reactions: Derived

Derived

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2015
Midwest
Thanks guys, makes sense. Sorry for the strange question, in the middle of a big move and just trying to organize my finances and make sure everything is in order...appreciate the insight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.