Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
I usually Have my phone delivered and today in picked in store. Will I need to turn my current phone in then or will I ship it out later? Just wondering as far as erasing everything and such. Thanks.

DarkKnight1968

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2017
I usually Have my phone delivered and today in picked in store. Will I need to turn my current phone in then or will I ship it out later? Just wondering as far as erasing everything and such. Thanks.

In the past you had to turn your phone in at the time you picked up the new one.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
That's why it's not such a good program.
It's better to keep your old phone while you've got your new one for a while to make sure you actually want the new phone and that everything is set up and working how you like it

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 28, 2014
It's better to keep your old phone while you've got your new one for a while to make sure you actually want the new phone and that everything is set up and working how you like it

The Program isn’t the problem. If you order delivery you have like 13 days to initiate a return and then like 14 days after that. I just didn’t feel like having to have my phone routed to a delivery hub because I’m close enough to an Apple store that I can pick it up on my break. Where it sucks is I usually check on eBay and see what the value is and if it more than what I owe I would sell the phone and just pay off the lease.

LD Curb

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
USA
If you have your new phone delivered, you have quite a few days to send the old phone in. Apple sends a special box with a pre-paid label back to Apple and it is always a few days after the new phone arrives. I do a little video with my new phone of the old phone ... showing that it works and is in perfect condition going in to the box, if I ever need proof. This has always gone smoothly and Apple send an email to let me know that they have the old phone, etc.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

My guess is most people on IUP know that they will want the next phone, so it’s not something they need to use for an extended period of time to decide on.

Spiffyis5150

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Tulsa, OK
You can take both phones home. Then later ship it Apple or pay off and resale. I always check market before and resale.

Are you sure about that? I can't say that I know one way or another because I personally haven't done that, but everyone I know that has gone to Apple Store for pickup has been told to turn in their phone right then and there. What do you say to them? "I'll turn it in later" and then call Apple Support and ask for a box to be shipped?

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Are you sure about that? I can't say that I know one way or another because I personally haven't done that, but everyone I know that has gone to Apple Store for pickup has been told to turn in their phone right then and there. What do you say to them? "I'll turn it in later" and then call Apple Support and ask for a box to be shipped?

I’ve been on upgrade program last 2 iPhones. That’s why Apple ships a return box. In Miami Apple stores you don’t have to give your phone in that you trading. They ask if I need help setting up my phone. I say no. I’m going home to set it up and then will ship this phone back. Ok enjoy your phone have a good day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.