Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chillip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
So I joined the program last year and will be upgrading to the 11 pro when it launches but have questions:

1. How do I reserve my new phone to pick up in store when pre orders open?

2. Do I need to bring my old phone with all accessories and box when picking up new phone?
Thanks

craigio85

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2017
United Kingdom
So I joined the program last year and will be upgrading to the 11 pro when it launches but have questions:

1. How do I reserve my new phone to pick up in store when pre orders open?

2. Do I need to bring my old phone with all accessories and box when picking up new phone?
Thanks
You can reserve it via the Apple Store app once the pre-orders open. Go into your account information and there should be an iPhone Upgrade Programme section. You can access this now but it’ll just lead you to a screen telling you you’re eligible.

You only need to take the phone, not the box or accessories - they do the handover in store so just make sure you’ve saved a backup.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Is this possible? I've heard of people buying a new iPhone using their credit card and then when they go and pick it up they ask to go onto the Apple Upgrade Programme. Apple then refunds your credit card and enrols you onto the programme. Anyone know if this is right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.