Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swalker1977

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2020
I wonder if they will let us do the iphone upgrade program without going into the store? I am 3 weeks past (XSMax) that and here in teh Uk they will not open for a good while yet but i want a new phone and i am entitled to one also. You can buy a new one on finance on teh website why not the upgrade?

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
In the U.S. Apple allows consumers to upgrade your iPhone via IUP online. I did this last year when I updated from the XS to 11 Pro. From your post, it doesn't sound like Apple does this yet in the UK. But given the current circumstances, I would imagine they would modify this. Especially since I don't see consumers rushing back to brick and mortar stores once they reopen.

Reactions: orbital~debris

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
If shops will be closed till September we’ll have much bigger problems than a new phone.

No way our economy can survive a 6 months lock down

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
I’m really hoping Apple allow iPhone upgrade program to be accessed from home here in the UK this year. I got onto the program for the first time last September, but I’m going nowhere near retail stores for the foreseeable future.

then again, my usual excuse for getting the new iPhone - camera upgrades! - isn’t so applicable as usual, since I’m staying home as much as possible.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Read some history. Look at World War 2, or the Black Death. Previous generations survived much worse than being locked out of the Apple Store for six months.
Aha. But there even wasn’t an economic lockdown in ww2. I was talking about our economy not us as livings. That’s the point. Not shopping at apple

LonestarOne

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2019
McKinney, TX
Aha. But there even wasn’t an economic lockdown in ww2. I was talking about our economy not us as livings. That’s the point. Not shopping at apple

You have no idea what World War II was like. Virtually the entire civilian economy was shut down for four years to support the war effort. Stop with the crybabyism. Previous generations have had it much worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrKennedy

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
You have no idea what World War II was like. Virtually the entire civilian economy was shut down for four years to support the war effort. Stop with the crybabyism. Previous generations have had it much worse.
What do u know what i know? Calm down.
Read again what i wrote and see that i wasn’t arguing about what was worse. Of course there where worse times.

I just said that the economy doesn’t survive 6month lockdown. Thats it. No crying. Don’t interpret more into my words than there is!

And as u said the ww2 economy was transferred to work for the war machine. So it was working, no? Sorry this is going totally of topic.

Reactions: DevinNj

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
And you’re wrong. That’s it. People have survived much worse in the past. This is just Millenial whining.
:) again. I’m talking about ECONOMY: shops, companies, services!!!

Thats why Politicians don’t want a second lockdown. There are dozens of countries who had to support their companies with billions of dollars. Why do you think that’s happening?
How many already are bankrupt? How many millions unemployed? And we hadn’t a 6months lockdown.

Mankind will survive, i never said the contrary. There will just be a shift
how we adopt. companies are dying. But there will be new ones. And new phones and more people to whine and disagree

Reactions: DevinNj

LonestarOne

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2019
McKinney, TX
:) again. I’m talking about ECONOMY: shops, companies, services!!!

Again, people have survived worse in the past. The economy has survived worse in the past.

The fact that politicians tell you otherwise doesn’t make it true. Politicians have been known to lie.

Yes, companies are dying. Why is that surprising? The World Bank issued a report 12 years ago warning that a major pandemic could trigger an economic recession.

People are also dying. More than 200,000 Americans are dead from Covid-19. Many more have ruined lungs, hearts, and other vital organs.

Killing your customers and employees is not good for business. Apple knows that. That’s why they were one of the first companies to close their stores, and why they remain closed in many areas — despite politicians like Greg Abbott pushing them to reopen.

Natural disasters happen. Storms. Earthquakes. Fires. Epidemics. If this is the worst you see in your lifetime, you should count yourself lucky. Blaming efforts to *control* the epidemic is inane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.