Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

makasin

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Ok so I woke up the other day with my iPhone on the floor (which is about a 2 and half foot drop on carpet) and the vibrator function completely broken on my phone. It sounds like a cat scratching at a door and doesnt "vibrate." However, everything else works fine. WTF???? This is so frustrating. Do you think if I went to the Apple store they would give me a new one? It shouldnt do this... Ive never heard anyone with this problem, but I tend to be the one who is lucky (sarcasm) with Apple products. First I got a lemon Macbook Pro and now this?? Grr.
Should I wait till the 3G is released?

bentoms

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2006
Iphone vibrator function broken

LMAO.. sorry but funny!!

Anyways, if it's still in warranty apple will repair it. I highly doubt that they would swap it for a 3g one. So i'd say hand it in to get it fixed.

Fireman52SFD

macrumors member
May 31, 2008
Louisiana
apple sent a box overnight. i sent it in on a saturday and had it tuesday by 1:00 pm. pretty quick turnaround. they will fix it. every iphone has warranty at least till mid june. thats if u bought it on release date. if thats the case u better hurry

cis4life

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2008
Whoa,

Rough night with that iphone there. :eek:
(just joking)

Yeah, send it in before the warrenty expires

Cedric

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Waiting is useless because Apple is not going to give you the new 3G phone, they have plenty of refurbished (or not) 1st gen ones lying around. Just take it to them now to get it fixed.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Were you an early adoptor of the iPhone? With the price cut I wonder if they took the vibrator away to cut costs because I didn't get one and I would probably smile a lot more if I did.
:)

Speaking of....I think this calls for a "Post your vibrator" thread! (heads over there now)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.