Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
One of the two volume buttons on my iPhone SE doesn't click when I press it, although it changes the volume.

I bought this used and have a chance to return it - I don't really care about the absence of a click (of course I'd prefer it) but does it portend volume button failure (which would be a hassle)?

Reactions: Ffosse

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
One of the two volume buttons on my iPhone SE doesn't click when I press it, although it changes the volume.

I bought this used and have a chance to return it - I don't really care about the absence of a click (of course I'd prefer it) but does it portend volume button failure (which would be a hassle)?

I personally would return it. You don’t know if it will eventually fail to the point where you won’t be able to control the volume or the button Seizes altogether.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
Reminds me of an old iPod Nano I had where the top button would become recessed from time to time instead of that reassuring click.

I would follow Relentless Power's advice and get it replaced before it completely fails.

TechNismo

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2017
6ix
It happened to my old iPod Touch. After couples months the entire button stoped working. You should return it.

Reactions: Ffosse
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.