Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trinity82

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2012
I'm thinking of trading in my iPhone for a SG3 because the screen on iPhone is too small.
The only thing that scares me is i love all my apps and games on iPhone!! Can I still get the same apps on android?
Or will I be limited on choices for apps?

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I'm thinking of trading in my iPhone for a SG3 because the screen on iPhone is too small.
The only thing that scares me is i love all my apps and games on iPhone!! Can I still get the same apps on android?
Or will I be limited on choices for apps?

Check out google play online and see what apps there are. Also please use the "iphone alternatives" forum or whatever it's called next time.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
OP, if it makes you feel better.. I've been using iPhone/iPad since release. I loved them but recently I've felt the screen is too small (even the 4" slim screen) and the general feel, while functional.. has gotten stale.

I switched to a Galaxy S3 a few days ago and I love it. Every app I personally used was available on Android. The only downside is that the Facebook app for Android sucks, but they are suppose to be fixing this soon like they did the iOS app.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
List the apps you want to use, I'm sure some of us have used them and can give you some feedback on how they are on Android.

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
I've managed to find nearly every game/app I had on my iPhone/iPad - some of which I've obviously decided not to buy again, but they are available.

I made the switch on Tuesday and thus far I am completely in love with Android. Once 4.1 is on the device it is going to be even slicker.

Apple will eventually need to take note of the other offerings (or try and get every single one banned which seems to be their current market strategy).

Other features you may be worried about losing usually have a work around - I can sync my S3 with iTunes easily, and I've even used 'Automater' in OSX (plus dropbox) to make all my photos taken on the phone available in photo stream on my Mac and iPad. It's literally like having all the things I loved on iPhone with a fresh OS which I enjoy exploring and manipulating a lot.

Very happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.