Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HamidMunir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2021
Hi, so I have many problems.
1- every weekly I backup WhatsApp and it’s shows it’s backing up from the start like if last week I have 5gb of backed up data already and this week i got extra 1gb, iPhone will try to upload 6gb this week instead of 1 gb which i got extra this week

2- why it’s always stuck at 2 or 3% and it’s eats into my iCloud Drive temporary storage when it’s trying to upload so now I got 6gb of iCloud Drive if I look at my iPhone storage, it does go away after full backup is complete

3- every week when it’s trying to backup on the top it’s says last backup = never, why it’s says that, where is last week backup gone ?. Now these three things been true for many many months so far and how come fb and apple still can’t fix it ? What’s going on ?
I have iPhone X 64gb on latest iOS and updated WhatsApp. This been happening for months. Also 1 last unrelated thing, how in world app used by 2 billion people and it can’t storage its backup at one common place, if you switch to iOS or Android and you can’t back up, what’s years is this and how this is allowed.
Also guys my very first post and I don’t really know any rules.

Attachments

• 1FA2539D-186D-45DA-B333-97CA08666D07.png
    1FA2539D-186D-45DA-B333-97CA08666D07.png
    818.5 KB · Views: 479
  • C7BFB07F-2ED6-415F-8E57-DAF7612D5866.png
    C7BFB07F-2ED6-415F-8E57-DAF7612D5866.png
    849.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 019B5AF7-D23E-473E-828E-419BBBFD06B8.png
    019B5AF7-D23E-473E-828E-419BBBFD06B8.png
    973.1 KB · Views: 145

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I don't use WhatsApp. You might try contacting the Developer.

Since you mentioned you don't know what the forum rules are, the link below will shoe you the rues. Make sure to read them.

HamidMunir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2021
I don't use WhatsApp. You might try contacting the Developer.

Since you mentioned you don't know what the forum rules are, the link below will shoe you the rues. Make sure to read them.

Thanks I will have a read now.

beaugold

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2013
Your backup size is 6.05GB, you only have 5GB storage on your iCloud account, the backup will not be able to complete. IIRC, have also read somewhere that you may need 2x the storage on your device and iCloud account for a backup to succeed. You either need to purchase iCloud storage or remove some unnecessary media files from your WhatsApp storage.

In this case, you probably need 12GB free on your iPhone X and iCloud.

harisummairi

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2021
Hi, so I have many problems.
1- every weekly I backup GBWhatsApp and it’s shows it’s backing up from the start like if last week I have 5gb of backed up data already and this week i got extra 1gb, iPhone will try to upload 6gb this week instead of 1 gb which i got extra this week

2- why it’s always stuck at 2 or 3% and it’s eats into my iCloud Drive temporary storage when it’s trying to upload so now I got 6gb of iCloud Drive if I look at my iPhone storage, it does go away after full backup is complete

3- every week when it’s trying to backup on the top it’s says last backup = never, why it’s says that, where is last week backup gone ?. Now these three things been true for many many months so far and how come fb and apple still can’t fix it ? What’s going on ?
I have iPhone X 64gb on latest iOS and updated WhatsApp. This been happening for months. Also 1 last unrelated thing, how in world app used by 2 billion people and it can’t storage its backup at one common place, if you switch to iOS or Android and you can’t back up, what’s years is this and how this is allowed.
Also guys my very first post and I don’t really know any rules.
It's really a big headache for me. I am unable to switch my device to android due to WhatsApp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.