Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jdreyes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2015
This is going to sound weird - I have an XS Max and have had wifi issues since day one. 50% of the time, my phone lags on wifi. Gets much slower than LTE, despite having a fast 300mbps internet. The weird thing is - If I pull down the Control Center, it immediately speeds up. I can literally google something, notice it gets caught up, and pull down on the Control Center and it zips right to the results.

I know I'm crazy, but has this happened to anyone else?

duanepatrick

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
That's weird. But try to turn off bluetooth from settings and reset network settings then try browsing again.

micha10589

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2005
Berlin, Germany
That's weird. But try to turn off bluetooth from settings and reset network settings then try browsing again.
I’m on a 6s but have the same issue since upgrading to iOS 13 (and hasn’t gone away with 13.4.). When I’m on WiFi I need to turn off BT - otherwise nothing downloads (Safari, Mail, AppStore, Tweetbot all the same). The problem doesn’t occur on mobile data connections. And I’ve already done the network reset, with no changes.

That this happens on your XS Max is quite concerning. I thought this would be only the case on an old model like the 6s due to some older WiFi/BT hardware.

The strange thing is that when I sync my Garmin watch the data connection on WiFi seems to work right away despite the Bluetooth then (necessarily) being activated. Do you have a Garmin device and the app installed by any chance?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.