Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robert1998

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2017
Hello guys! 3D Touch on my iPhone X is not working as in iOS 12...it feels more like haptic touch from iPhone XR...any idea how to fix it? If I hold and don't add pression on the screen it registers as on iPhone XR

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
Hello guys! 3D Touch on my iPhone X is not working as in iOS 12...it feels more like haptic touch from iPhone XR...any idea how to fix it? If I hold and don't add pression on the screen it registers as on iPhone XR
Same on my 6S. The amount of 3D Touch has been toned way down, for example pressing and holding on the home screen icons is more like how I’d expect the XR to work. Going to take some time to get used to.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Yeah, 3D touch is feeling the same (on my 6S) as just holding the icon, albeit quicker. Just press hard on an icon and immediately let go, then the options pop up.

Before I upgraded I'd hard press (sorry marketing people, 3D press unlike all those 2D presses I usually do I suppose) and hold it until the options appeared, now it's just a very quick hard press.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.