Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I have had an iPhone X for 4 and a half years. 4 months ago I decided to replace the original iPhone battery after I felt that it was starting to drain faster than usual.
I bought a new battery and replaced the original one with the new one i bought, everything worked as it should except and after a couple of days the new battery started to drain faster than the old and original battery that was replaced.
After 3 months I decided to replace the battery again and this time i got battery that was recommended by good reviews.
The battery was replaced and I feel very little improvement. I decided to check a little on the Internet what could be the cause of the problem, and I came to the conclusion that the system has a very high use of RAM. I checked 24mb are free on the iPhone when there is no activity in the background.
Does anyone have any idea how to handle this?

Attachments

• IMG_8066.PNG
    IMG_8066.PNG
    459 KB · Views: 106

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
That’s ridiculously high. Why are you complaining about fast battery drain if you are getting 12 hours? I can only achieve that on my iPhone 12 Mini battery with the aid of a MagSafe battery pack.
thats not correct. because the on screen is while connected to the charger.
when i disconnect the iphone from the charger the battery after 3 min of use going down to 94% and less.
im pretty sure its related to the RAM.
i have 1/0% Free RAM on my iphone.
this screen shot i posted is an app that saying the system using 80% of the RAM.
im not sure why, maybe because the iphone is 4 years old and got a lot of system cache and junk files ?

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
thats not correct. because the on screen is while connected to the charger.
when i disconnect the iphone from the charger the battery after 3 min of use going down to 94% and less.
im pretty sure its related to the RAM.
i have 1/0% Free RAM on my iphone.
this screen shot i posted is an app that saying the system using 80% of the RAM.
im not sure why, maybe because the iphone is 4 years old and got a lot of system cache and junk files ?
Unlikely. I have an SE 2016 and had changed the battery also and I was able to get 6 hours of actual screen on time with the device. Your device being old is not the reason why it is draining battery at such an alarming rate.

Try a fresh reset and see if you can fix the battery drain by doing that.

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
Unlikely. I have an SE 2016 and had changed the battery also and I was able to get 6 hours of actual screen on time with the device. Your device being old is not the reason why it is draining battery at such an alarming rate.

Try a fresh reset and see if you can fix the battery drain by doing that.
What do you mean fresh reset?
How i do it?

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
What do you mean fresh reset?
How i do it?
Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset

This will carry out a factory reset on your iPhone and will delete all data including cache which should fix any problems or memory leaks that are causing your phone to have such a reduced battery life.

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset

This will carry out a factory reset on your iPhone and will delete all data including cache which should fix any problems or memory leaks that are causing your phone to have such a reduced battery life.
Amazing. I will try it.
But before i do it, is it gonna delete any data on my iphone? Whatsapp save all media and conversations? or is it logging out from any apps accounts?

Last edited:

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Amazing. I will try it.
But before i do it, is it gonna delete any data on my iphone? Whatsapp save all media and conversations? or is it logging out from any apps accounts?
It depends on if you have WhatsApp set to save all conversations and media or not. A factory reset will log out from your app accounts including Apple ID and all photographs not stored on iCloud will be lost also. I don’t lose anything as everything for me is stored on my Apple ID.

Last edited:

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
If anyone know if i loose whatsapp data or conversation when I reset all setting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.