Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shahid2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2024
Hi everyone I have iPhone x and battery health is 78% I am in a dilemma and need help do I pay apple for genuine battery or get half price after market one?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Hi everyone I have iPhone x and battery health is 78% I am in a dilemma and need help do I pay apple for genuine battery or get half price after market one?
I had my X's battery replaced by Apple when I needed it. If anything goes wrong during the repair you will receive a refurbished device. 3rd party repair will most definitely will not do that.. Well worth the cost IMO

Reactions: canuckRus

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Worth paying Apple the money

Everything the poster above me said is true, plus you get a genuine battery, so no warnings on your device and also the mAh will be accurate and your battery won't swell, catch fire or anything catastrophic. Not to mention, your battery health won’t plummet like they do with aftermarket batteries

I will say though, at 78% with an iPhone X, I would be looking at the used market for a newer iPhone like the 12 Pro Max and beyond at least.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Agreed. Go to Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. I took an iPhone XR to Best Buy to get a battery replacement. After repair, the screen didn't work at all. The Geeks replaced the unit with a refurb iPhone XR which was eligible for monthly Apple Care+. Go figure. Same will happen w/ Apple Store.

Reactions: Burnincoco

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
I had my X's battery replaced by Apple when I needed it. If anything goes wrong during the repair you will receive a refurbished device. 3rd party repair will most definitely will not do that.. Well worth the cost IMO
Apple the best. Exact same thing happened with my second battery replacement with my 6S.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burnincoco
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.