Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarredOwl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
NC
I’ve turned WiFi calling off, but 75% of the time I make a call folks say my voice is either fading in and out or is garbled. I’ve made a Genius Bar appointment, but I’m wondering if I can troubleshoot this thoroughly to isolate whether this is software or hardware. Anything I can do?

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
I’ve turned WiFi calling off, but 75% of the time I make a call folks say my voice is either fading in and out or is garbled. I’ve made a Genius Bar appointment, but I’m wondering if I can troubleshoot this thoroughly to isolate whether this is software or hardware. Anything I can do?
Have you tried using headphones to see if it's a microphone issue?

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
Same problem here ... and I even can't hear people very well : sometimes I have to call back 2 or 3 times before being able to hear and be heard well ! It's so annoying, but I'm glad I'm not alone and crazy ...

Reactions: 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Same problem here ... and I even can't hear people very well : sometimes I have to call back 2 or 3 times before being able to hear and be heard well ! It's so annoying, but I'm glad I'm not alone and crazy ...
I was talking about this on another thread. This is a problem that plagued both my IPhone 7 Plus and my husband’s. (Both Qualcomm modems on the AT&T network$)

We now have Intel based AT&T iPhone X’s and the call quality is better. Not great (I know what great sounds like because I had it on the HTC 10) but good enough we can hold conversations with each other and others again. It was not at all good on the 7 Pluses. We never figured out what the issue was.

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
I was talking about this on another thread. This is a problem that plagued both my IPhone 7 Plus and my husband’s. (Both Qualcomm modems on the AT&T network$)

We now have Intel based AT&T iPhone X’s and the call quality is better. Not great (I know what great sounds like because I had it on the HTC 10) but good enough we can hold conversations with each other and others again. It was not at all good on the 7 Pluses. We never figured out what the issue was.

I called Apple Customer Care here in Italy and they told me it could be a carrier problem ("Wind" for the record) : I'm making a series of tests that the Customer Care told me to do, I will know more in a few days (but not before Christmas) ...

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.