Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamiLynee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
The PNW
Merry Christmas, everybody!

13CF6258-63E6-42D6-B746-E4C59030B5C1.jpeg
F0A49B2A-EC1A-4DDD-9FED-E00C616BC5E0.jpeg

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Merry Xmas!

Awesome wallpaper !!

It would be real sweet if someone made this wallpaper with the border lights and a black background :O

Reactions: JamiLynee

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Is there's something bad or wrong with "Happy Holidays!"?

Yes. It’s too PC when we should just be celebratory. Happy holidays is not necessarily wrong or bad. But to avoid saying Merry Christmas for these reasons specifically, or purposefully go out of ones way to correct oneself, to me, is absurd.

Enough is enough about worrying about inclusivity and intense scrutiny surrounding it over EVERY. SINGLE. FACET. of our lives when we should just be happy and in good spirits and with family or people we care about. I’ve had enough of it this year, I just want to enjoy the end of the year free from the INsanity and those that are fake offended by virtually everything.

I’m not religious / Christian myself, but I STILL wholly support Merry Christmas.

If Christmas is triggering, TOUGH! This is the West. Life isn’t a constant safe space and you can’t be insulated 24/7. There’s a whole world out there.

That’s not to say there’s anything else against other holidays around this time of year (that goes without say) but Christmas is popular. Let’s stop pretending it isn’t. Or that Christmas is inherently offensive.

So Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England

I was commenting on the fact that an American was nice/good enough to say Merry Christmas on a UK forum rather than what she would normally say in the US...I for one really appreciated it.

Edit: ooopppps got my forums and countries completely mixed up!

Last edited:

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
ever notice how the only people who get triggered and write multi-paragraph anti-PC rants over this are the ones who complain about imaginary people who get "triggered" by Merry Christmas?

Reactions: Moi Ici
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.