Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGuy73

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2020
We’ve suddenly noticed rings on the display of our iPhone X - about 4 or 5 at a time, they are about 2mm and shimmer when you move the phone around in an angle, like the rings are made of tiny liquid droplets. They disappear when rubbing the screen in that area and slowly build up again, not in the same location. Always perfect circles.
The phone has not been exposed to water, liquid or high humidity.
I’ve attached an example, the circle is clearly visible straight up from the bookmark icon. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Attachments

• 899CB2A6-A817-4CE6-8B61-87C46B77E1A3.jpeg
    899CB2A6-A817-4CE6-8B61-87C46B77E1A3.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 440

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Well there really nothing you can do to fix it short of replacing the display which would cost more than the phone is worth.. I'd say if it doesn't effect the performance or show on anything but white screens see if it gets worse then weigh your options

iGuy73

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2020
Well there really nothing you can do to fix it short of replacing the display which would cost more than the phone is worth.. I'd say if it doesn't effect the performance or show on anything but white screens see if it gets worse then weigh your options
Yeah the rings don’t bother enough to be a real issue and the phone is being replaced soon anyway, I just found it interesting that I couldn’t find a single similar incident online.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.