Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CCSwede

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2021
Hi community! I have a problem that I'm hoping to find a solution for. My Iphone X screen stopped working (I suspect it got a hit some time ago). When I try to turn it off, I can feel it vibrating, when I charge it, it makes a sound and when my apple watch pages it it responds. But the screen is dark throughout.

Unfortunately I didn't backup my phone the past three months to Icloud since my storage was full and it crashed before I had a chance to buy more storage (now I have increased the storage). I'd really like to find a way to access the photos and notes from the past three months which are in the phone (with a black screen). Also, the phone is paired with my Apple watch (latest one) and I can't access my historical health data anywhere. In my Apple watch I can see the latest photos I took with the phone..

Please share your best advice for how to get the photos out from the phone and also if there is a way to salvage my health date for the Apple Watch (or do I need to unpair it and start from scratch with a new phone?). Appreciate any advice for how to get the precious data out of my phone! (or at least the photos from my Apple Watch - the latest one) Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.