Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Hi

I disabled all auto brightness stuff but every now and then my entire display dims and goes really dull - then suddenly it returns to normal, bright and clear...

not sure how to explain but its really weird and annoying... When ti happens the actual brightness doesn't seem to change just the screen goes dim/dull :/

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Its happened when using Facebook, Note app, Youtube, App Store.... cant remember what else, sometimes just on homescreen, phone doesn't feel hot when it does it :/

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Its happened when using Facebook, Note app, Youtube, App Store.... cant remember what else, sometimes just on homescreen, phone doesn't feel hot when it does it :/
This is while you are using it, or when you are just looking at or reading something and not really touching the screen or something like that?

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
While playing “The Witness” on my X, it would get hot and automatically dim-so I can confirm that will do it. Normally though, I have not had this occur.

The Witness is amazing, btw (much better on the iPad though)

orev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2015
Brightness changes automatically based on your surroundings. If it's dark, then the brightness will go down.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Brightness changes automatically based on your surroundings. If it's dark, then the brightness will go down.

Obviously you’ve not read what I wrote. Auto brightness is off.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Mine dimmed massively when got below 10% battery. also as others have stated dims a lot when hot. Might be worth setting up as new if it happens too much to see if its a software issue or if it needs to go back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.