Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srkirt

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2020
Barcelona
Hello
Letter written to Apple claiming its responsibility and it is useless ... to this day I am still without a terminal.
I put the writing so that they know that it is not all gold that glitters ...
You are warned that they are very troublesome and irresponsible.

According to a telephone conversation, I state:

* I have been without a terminal for several days and I did not expect that from Apple.
* I am a loyal customer of various brand products.
* Lately I have bought two Macbooks in the Corte Ingles, a Macbook 12 and an Air 2019.
* I had a serious accident when an iPhone X exploded in my ear.
* The terminal was discarded and I sent photographs of it as well as my burns.
* Having spent several days and not having a cell phone to work my patience is exhausted.
* Expected compensation at the height of the brand but have not even been contacted.
* This situation is inadmissible and if Apple does not compensate me in good faith I will have to take other options.
* I will have to buy another terminal but this time it will not be your brand.
* With all the material I have, I will spread it in forums, communities and in the competition.
* All this has been due to their incompetence of having a client without a terminal for more than 4 days.
* As a consumer I have contacted to know my rights and I will act accordingly.
* I do not want to imagine the bad press that this event can give both in the media and in the press.
* They will understand my position, but they have not known how to live up to a brand like Apple.
* The acid that could have been very serious even fatal when exploding in the ear.

For all this:

I demand:

An indeminizacion for damages both for not having a terminal and for having been
My person at risk of being deaf or even losing fingers.
For all this I want the brand manager in Spain to contact me for
Try to reach a closed agreement since I think that you can always fix things by talking.
If not, and tomorrow do not have a firm proposal, I will denounce the judicial road against Apple for selling
Products with security risk to people and moral damages caused to me.
Intentar llegar

TechLord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2020
I would have gone to a lawyer and possibly the media had my phone exploded. I don't think anyone here can help you.

Reactions: Elitegate

srkirt

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2020
Barcelona
I can demand, page € 1,100 for a mobile phone that almost kills me by the ear ... Well then we will go to trial so clearly ... I do not spend thousands of € a year to be treated like **** ... just I put you on notice in case the mobile ever explodes.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
As I stated in your other thread no one on this forum can give you legal advice or change the way Apple handles this situation. What happened to your phone is rare but it can happen. No one in their right mind is going to base their judgement on the evidence you have submitted because without a thorough investigation there could be many reasons your phone did what it did without Apple being at fault. You are not the first one to claim Apple is at fault for a battery fire only to be debunked when further information is uncovered or revealed. My suggestion to you is contact a lawyer to see what options you have if you escalate this legally.

srkirt

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2020
Barcelona
I don't want your HELP !!! I only warn you of what has happened to me !!!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    373 KB · Views: 200
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 207
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 138
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 135
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 162
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    495.6 KB · Views: 195
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    475.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Sad
Reactions: TacoShow and JPack

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I understand that in reading the original post, it’s easy to jump the guy because he does come off in, let’s say, an unbecoming way.

That said, he’s clearly not asking for anyone’s help and he’s not anticipating Apple will read his post and make things right. He’s just posting to make others aware of something that ‘can’ happen and the lack of resolution he’s received. Necessary? Probably not. But neither are half the threads started here lol.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I understand that in reading the original post, it’s easy to jump the guy because he does come off in, let’s say, an unbecoming way.

That said, he’s clearly not asking for anyone’s help and he’s not anticipating Apple will read his post and make things right. He’s just posting to make others aware of something that ‘can’ happen and the lack of resolution he’s received. Necessary? Probably not. But neither are half the threads started here lol.
It's terrible what happened and I hope OP heals just fine.

However, LI ION batteries do explode/swell (even Apples' LI-ION batteries). There's a reason they cannot be checked in luggage on aircraft.

srkirt

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2020
Barcelona
Incredible srs ... when they were going to take the terminal to check they call me from Apple saying that the engineering department has detected from the photos that it has been repaired or an unauthorized establishment !!! IT IS NOT TRUE !! LIE !! and here on this page someone from the most "prestigious" company on the planet reads what we have written ... I am sure ... Now I will go to court and via local letting know that Apple has called me a liar and without even seeing the terminal! !! It is the same I have already bought another one and now with the proof lawyer and trial for fraud and moral damages. Excuse me but I only tell you what is happening to me so that you are not caught by surprise if this company ever scams you ...
I close the thread and thank you very much from Barcelona.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Incredible srs ... when they were going to take the terminal to check they call me from Apple saying that the engineering department has detected from the photos that it has been repaired or an unauthorized establishment !!! IT IS NOT TRUE !! LIE !! and here on this page someone from the most "prestigious" company on the planet reads what we have written ... I am sure ... Now I will go to court and via local letting know that Apple has called me a liar and without even seeing the terminal! !! It is the same I have already bought another one and now with the proof lawyer and trial for fraud and moral damages. Excuse me but I only tell you what is happening to me so that you are not caught by surprise if this company ever scams you ...

I'm curious ... did you purchase the iPhone directly from Apple or a reseller or on the grey market (local seller)? If not from Apple then how would you know parts where not replaced with un-authorized components or repair person?

From our perspective ... it's he said vs he said.

I'm sorry you've been hurt physically, and emotionally. You seem very upset and as others have said warning us (with different experiences) may not change our view/stance. Yet I do think you should re-engage Apple (directly) as well as over social media to which they have accounts on, particularly over Twitter.

I hope you stay safe, and healthy and can move beyond this. Moreover if you're correct 100% I hope Apple can resolve this for you.

Take care.

Reactions: 5105973 and srkirt

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
* I had a serious accident when an iPhone X exploded in my ear.
* The terminal was discarded and I sent photographs of it as well as my burns.
So you disposed of the physical evidence and only have pictures?
I'm sorry for your mishap, but you have no evidence of what actually happened.

For all Apple knows you got those pics off the Internet and burned your ear with a curling iron.

Throwing away the phone was the wrong thing to do.

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
@srkirt I for one, believe you. And I think it is unfortunate you have had this experience. Just last Monday, I picked up a 75” TV from Best Buy. When I got it home and in my house, I lifted the box and removed the front facing styrofoam to find the screen badly damaged. I did nothing to the TV. I merely carried it inside and lifted the box (perforated at the bottom to make unboxing easier). The Best Buy store denied me a return or exchange stating “it had to have happened in my possession”. I’ve called Samsung Corporate, Best Buy Corporate lines, etc to plead my case. While all parties (except the store managers) were very sympathetic to my case and felt I should have been allowed an exchange, no one will help me.

I share my experience just to point out that you are not alone, it is not just Apple, and it’s very frustrating when we are indeed innocent but treated as liars. Im not going to court over a $1400 TV. It’s now a paperweight until the next electronics recycling event. But I certainly wish you the best and a better outcome than mine.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017

That response is typical as a first line of defense for legal reasons. Regardless, it's not an excuse and the response is disappointing.

There's no way Apple can tell based on photos alone what parts were used. OEM components like the battery have a special dye which need to be looked at in-person before making any conclusion.

Reactions: srkirt

srkirt

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2020
Barcelona
And with communication via telephone !!! Not an email or anything at all ... Who has seen Apple and who sees it ... If Steve raised his head ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.