Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justintime41018

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2017
Having trouble getting the camera to recognize my face, it keeps asking me to move my iphone up and down. It never gets past the part where you put you face in the frame. Any suggestions?

Justintime41018

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2017
Delete your saved face and add it again and see if that helps.

The thing is that I was never able to set up a saved face in the first place, during the process of setting up the Face ID I can never get past that first screen that asks you to adjust your iPhone.

Splazzatch

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
The thing is that I was never able to set up a saved face in the first place, during the process of setting up the Face ID I can never get past that first screen that asks you to adjust your iPhone.
Oh okay, I misunderstood. I found I needed to make sure I was sitting up straight, without glasses, no smiling, eyes open. That should help.

Justintime41018

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2017
Oh okay, I misunderstood. I found I needed to make sure I was sitting up straight, without glasses, no smiling, eyes open. That should help.

Tried that, tried different angles, lighting etc but nothing’s worked. Maybe my front camera is messed up?

Justintime41018

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2017
Turns out there was in fact a problem with the front camera, and the Bluetooth as well, so I’m guessing it was defected. Went to the apple store and they replaced it for me, thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.