Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Lately my iPhone X has been freezing. It could be any app. It’ll just stop responding for a minute or two. Then it’ll be really laggy. Safari constantly reloads pages. I’ll go to 1Password, copy a password and then go back to safari and it’ll reload the page. This happens any time I open safari back up after switching from another app. Snapchat crashes constantly. Messages crashes constantly. Mail doesn’t open emails properly constantly. I’ve rebooted, I’ve removed all apps from switchbar. I’ve done that whole accessibility button power switch hold thing numerous times. My battery runs out really really fast. I’ll be at 100% and 3 hours later I’ll be just under 50%. Should I restore to factory? New iPhone is almost here (IUP) so I see no point going in to get it replaced. iOS 11 is a mess. Maybe it’s just me. Thoughts?

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Lately my iPhone X has been freezing. It could be any app. It’ll just stop responding for a minute or two. Then it’ll be really laggy. Safari constantly reloads pages. I’ll go to 1Password, copy a password and then go back to safari and it’ll reload the page. This happens any time I open safari back up after switching from another app. Snapchat crashes constantly. Messages crashes constantly. Mail doesn’t open emails properly constantly. I’ve rebooted, I’ve removed all apps from switchbar. I’ve done that whole accessibility button power switch hold thing numerous times. My battery runs out really really fast. I’ll be at 100% and 3 hours later I’ll be just under 50%. Should I restore to factory? New iPhone is almost here (IUP) so I see no point going in to get it replaced. iOS 11 is a mess. Maybe it’s just me. Thoughts?
Defective unit. Get a free replacement under the 1-year warranty.

Funsize93

macrumors regular
May 23, 2018
Australia
Defective unit. Get a free replacement under the 1-year warranty.

Still need to isolate a software/hardware issue .Backup and restore the device as new using iTunes. Setup as new (without restoring a backup) and test to see if the issue is resolved. If yes, then your user data or the OS had a random bug. Restore your backup and test again, if issue is still resolved then it was an OS issue which was fixed with the restore. If the issue returns when you restore your backup then we know your user data is the cause. If issue is not resolved when you restore as new then you know its an underlying hardware fault and then would be eligible for repair/ replacement depending what is found after diagnostics.

Doing this isolation step will save you a lot of time because this is exactly what the store would do. If you resolve it yourself at home, thats great!. However if you isolate a hardware issue at home then the store can skip any software troubleshooting and you will have a shorter wait in store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.