Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fokmik

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
I hope apple fix handoff on iphone X....on lock screen 0 handoff, if no app is open, 0 handoff...you literally have to had an app open so when you go to app switcher tha handoff app it will show up

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
That’s the point of hand off. So that you can pick up the work from your other device. If no application is open how’d they know which app you need to be handed off to?

bjb.butler

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
Southern California
That’s the point of hand off. So that you can pick up the work from your other device. If no application is open how’d they know which app you need to be handed off to?

If I’m not sure if this is what OP is talking about (the post is vague/confusing), but on previous versions of iOS if you have messages/safari/etc open on your computer, there was a little icon on the lockcreen that you could drag to jump straight to that app.

Attachments

• 4A7E418D-E8F5-4486-A815-DEE42F735877.jpeg
    4A7E418D-E8F5-4486-A815-DEE42F735877.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 258

fokmik

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
sorry for confusing..until now, you had still have (iphone 8 and older) the handoff icon on lock screen
but on iphone X, for the handoff icon to show up, there is just 1 WAY
you have to had an random app open, so that you can go to switcher app, if you have no app in background the switch app doesn't work
So handoff on iphone x, works only in app switcher
[doublepost=1513199578][/doublepost]
If I’m not sure if this is what OP is talking about (the post is vague/confusing), but on previous versions of iOS if you have messages/safari/etc open on your computer, there was a little icon on the lockcreen that you could drag to jump straight to that app.
yes, but that first picture i bet is not from iphone X right?because on iphone x on the bottom left we have lantern icon always in lock screen

Last edited:

fred98tj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2017
Central Luzon, Philippines
sorry for confusing..until now, you had still have (iphone 8 and older) the handoff icon on lock screen
but on iphone X, for the handoff icon to show up, there is just 1 WAY
you have to had an random app open, so that you can go to switcher app, if you have no app in background the switch app doesn't work
So handoff on iphone x, works only in app switcher
[doublepost=1513199578][/doublepost]
yes, but that first picture i bet is not from iphone X right?because on iphone x on the bottom left we have lantern icon always in lock screen

And it’s showing the battery percentage so for sure not a X. :p

fokmik

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
you can go to multitasking from home screen, without opening an app.
please show me how you do multitasking from home screen with 0 apps opened ! Seems you dont have the X
iphone x ok?
[doublepost=1513242153][/doublepost]
And it’s showing the battery percentage so for sure not a X. :p
we are talking about bottom left corner right ?

fokmik

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 28, 2016
USA
not working! it works ONLY if you have at least 1 app in the background
Plz this topic was made just for people with iPhone X, and i hope apple will make handoff a lot easier, like it is on the others iphones

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Why do you close your apps anyway? That’s a losing battle, you know that right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.