Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model will you be purchasing after the Keynote tomorrow?

• Total voters

Exxhara

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2017
The Apple Keynote for the anniversary edition of the iPhone is only ONE day away. What are you doing to prepare? Anyone taking the work day off? Any iPhone pre-release rituals? It's my first time so i'm curious how everyone else is coping.

ssrij

Suspended
Dec 16, 2016
United Kingdom
Classes at uni start on Sep 25, so I have free time to watch the keynote and pre order the phone as soon as it goes live. I won't be sleeping the night before the pre orders go live (here in UK it will go live at 8am on 15th), want to absolutely make sure I am able to pre order it the second it goes live, so will keep myself awake with lots of Redbull and/or coffee, pre order the iPhone X base model and then go to sleep peacefully, and pray to god that it arrives on launch day!

marty1980

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2011
Apple's live events require an iOS, macOS, or Safari Browser-compatible device to watch. It's later released for download after the event is over.

So I make sure my events app is downloaded to my Apple TV, my iPad is charged and same for my iPhone. I also have a MBP I can use if needed.

I did take the day off work this year, but for other reasons that happened to overlap. Usually I take a long lunch at work :)

Reactions: Jetcat3

Exxhara

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2017
Classes at uni start on Sep 25, so I have free time to watch the keynote and pre order the phone as soon as it goes live. I won't be sleeping the night before the pre orders go live (here in UK it will go live at 8am on 15th), want to absolutely make sure I am able to pre order it the second it goes live, so will keep myself awake with lots of Redbull and/or coffee, pre order the iPhone X base model and then go to sleep peacefully, and pray to god that it arrives on launch day!

Wow so lucky! That's awesome you'll be available to watch it. So you can pre-order the night before the keynote? I didn't know you could do this.

ssrij

Suspended
Dec 16, 2016
United Kingdom
Wow so lucky! That's awesome you'll be available to watch it. So you can pre-order the night before the keynote? I didn't know you could do this.

Nothing special about it, whether you watch it live or a recorded version later on Apple's website or YouTube, makes little difference :)

Keynote is tomorrow (12/9) and pre orders will go live on Friday (15/9) at 12am in US, which translates to 8am here in the UK, so I'll be staying awake till 8am, put my pre order in and then go to sleep!

Reactions: Exxhara and Dave245

iPhaithful

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
Lol I'm just going to watch it while I'm at work. I feel like all of these rumors and everything have kind of spoiled the surprise for me now...still gonna be an interesting keynote though

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Jan 7, 2003

Eh? He said he'll be awake on the 15th. Keynote is on the 12th

snowtrooper1966

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
Clarksburg, WV
Fall treats in hand for snacks while watching the keynote live via ATV4 on home theater, and making sure my address, CC info and upgrade eligibility is up to date on Sprint and Apple website.
Should Sprint not be online for hours when presell goes live, backup plan is to use AppleStore app....

IMG_4945.JPG

Reactions: Exxhara

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Any iPhone pre-release rituals?
Disappointment over the high price and low amount of RAM? That was mine in 2014, and it looks like again this year. :)

To be fair though, my 6s Plus has got a crack in the screen glass and is due for an upgrade. Will be watching the keynote live.

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
I was planning on watching live but I unfortunately have class right during the keynote. I'm planning on keeping myself off the internet till I can get back and watch it though!

ssrij

Suspended
Dec 16, 2016
United Kingdom
Why not just go to sleep and wake up at 7:50 to preorder - you don’t need to be awake all night :D what if you’re so tired that you accidentally order the 8 rather than X?

Usually sleep pretty late (3am), thought I can just stay awake a little longer and pre order. When I fall asleep, it's hard to wake me up!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Last edited:

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Being from the UK means I’m usually home for the keynote at 6pm. Slightly different this year as I had to plan a business networking event. Was due to be tomorrow but I scheduled it later in the week off the back of speculation. I never miss a keynote! Made a prediction of when the event would fall back in May and seems to be heading that way ;)

Attachments

• B1D9C237-F232-4F53-B2F9-DB990CEB9E4B.jpeg
    B1D9C237-F232-4F53-B2F9-DB990CEB9E4B.jpeg
    795.5 KB · Views: 244

Decimotox

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
I'll just have the stream up on my phone and will be following along in here periodically while I'm working. I'm also essentially prepared to be disappointed in the top iPhone model not being available until Christmas or so. Sad I'll have to wait, but it is what it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.