Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twdawson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Well it looks like I will have to retire the X I have, I get lots of stuttering when playing music while walking with my AirPods.
It also gets really warm in general use as well which is a concern so I think iOS 15 is one upgrade too far.

I switched back to my 2020 SE and done the exact same things and it is perfect.

Has anyone else noticed this with their iPhone X.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Well it looks like I will have to retire the X I have, I get lots of stuttering when playing music while walking with my AirPods.
It also gets really warm in general use as well which is a concern so I think iOS 15 is one upgrade too far.

I switched back to my 2020 SE and done the exact same things and it is perfect.

Has anyone else noticed this with their iPhone X.
what's your battery health % at?

Reactions: asus389

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
You tried setting it up as new phone without a backup? Sometimes some bugs can follow you in your backups.

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
I assume you have done the standard stuff like restarting it, and the problem is still there?

I have two iPhone X in my family and they still work fine.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Ok keep us posted, usually that does the trick. Or a least minimizes most problems if it's on the software side

twdawson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Ok I done a full reset to factory settings last night and set the phone up as new.
It has been streaming music to my AirPods for 4.5hrs todays as well as sending a few messages and a couple of calls.

From a 100% charge this morning it has only used 9% of battery in that time and does not get warm at all.

I don’t know what was causing the problems but they seem to be gone now.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Nice!! Is the lag almost gone too? I’ve had this happen once before and I thought it was a failing motherboard or something 😂

Glad to hear!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.