Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lonewolf1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
My X lock button seems to protrude less than volume buttons and it makes quieter “click” when pressed and I’m just wondering is this the design apple has intended or it shouldn’t be like this. Button still works fine it just makes less pronounced “click” than volume buttons. Is this because of the size of lock button or did they just made it easier to press? I can’t really remember whether it has been like this since beginning or not and that’s what makes my OCD levels go off:D. I cannot visit apple store as there is none close by me.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
To answer your question--

Mine all seem to protrude the same and make the same level of noise when being depressed

But, as Newtons Apple said, just enjoy :)

Reactions: lonewolf1

JunkieJeff

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2016
My X lock button seems to protrude less than volume buttons and it makes quieter “click” when pressed and I’m just wondering is this the design apple has intended or it shouldn’t be like this. Button still works fine it just makes less pronounced “click” than volume buttons. Is this because of the size of lock button or did they just made it easier to press? I can’t really remember whether it has been like this since beginning or not and that’s what makes my OCD levels go off:D. I cannot visit apple store as there is none close by me.

Same here with 3 iPhone X in our house.
Seems to be normal

lonewolf1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
Same here with 3 iPhone X in our house.
Seems to be normal
Oh so this is normal. Phew. :) I was getting worried I’ve got a defective unit. Have been using it for some time, no problems have arised, just the tactile feeling is not the same as older iPhones had. Maybe it has to do something with the lenght of the new button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.