Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

high heaven

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
When I play games or shoot videos more than 15min, the maximum brightness drop up to 50% that I can not increase the brightness. I had to wait to restore the brightness since I cant see the display clearly while I play games. I visited Apple store for 3 times so far. They tested my iPhone X but there are no hardware issues. Of course, I turned off all auto brightness stuff. So they decided to replace OLED but it still happening. I thought third party apps causing this issue but Apple apps like Camera also causing this. If you dont know what Im saying, try to play PUBG or into the dead 2 for 20~30min then you will see what Im saying.

Does anyone have similar issue like mine?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps your device is overheating as that's one of the things that happens when a device gets close to that. It sounds like they should replace your device rather than some parts here or there.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
This has happened to me once or twice when using my phone as a sat-nav in a cradle in the sun. I think it is heat related, or a software issue with the ambient light sensor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.