Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stiss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
England
Anyone else’s iPhone X have a pink tint at the edge of the display?
Mine has a slight pink tint noticeable on the upper right ‘ear’ to the right of the notch and it goes down the edge of the display till about the half way point and it’s maybe 3mm deep from the edge of the screen.

It’s noticeable on white backgrounds and not on dark. If you tilt the phone so you’re looking at it off centre it goes away. It’s weird.

It’s difficult to photograph at the moment due to lighting but tonight when I’m home I might try and get a picture of it using a decent camera.

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Dude mine does - just made a thread woops - did they exchange yours?

Here’s mine:

2B3BF7C1-6E91-4A10-9749-4D111BE46CDD.jpeg

AaronChicago

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2015
The reason that it is magenta (pink) is because that is one of the 4 variables for color temperature. It's hard to maintain true white since it's all relative, but if you can maintain a consistent color temperature (6000K) which is daylight white, it's not distracting.
Magenta is appearing due to a lack of green tint to even out the color temp. I'm guessing it's near impossible right now for OLED screens on the X to mainting a consistent color temp at all angles.
IPS monitors maintain constant color temp and various viewing angles but can sometime drop in brightness. That is way less distracting in my opinion.

wasabe34

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Returned my Samsung Note 5 2x due to pink hues. My Google Pixel XL (1st Gen) had bad too. Got lucky, my Note 8 is perfect; most uniform display I ever owned. With OLED it's all panel lottery. Exchange it until you get a satisfactory display.

Reactions: maka344
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.