Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Legnabar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2017
Hi everybody,

I’ve just received my IPhone X last week and overall I’m delighted with the phone’s quality and functionality, the screen is awesome and is very handy and easy to use one-handed ( I’ve been avoiding plus models due to being bulky and unwieldy and I believe Apple has succeded with the right size with the X) However, I’ve recently noticed slower WiFi performance comparing to my old IPhone 7. I’ve tested both phones with ookla and net Analyzer pro with the same FTTH router under the same conditions (only devices connected were the iphones). The upload and download speed is 350/350 Mbps and the results yielded by iPhone X specially under upload speed are quite far from the ones with iPhone 7: iPhone 7 340 Mbps upload vs. 220 Mbps upload of IPhone X. Regarding download speed the difference is much smaller but IPhone 7 also clearly wins with 330 vs. 310 Mbps.

Have any of you experienced the same?

Thank you!

Regards,

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
330 vs 310 a "clear" victory--

I can do a dl test and get 90Mbps and do one 10 seconds later and get 34.

But, seriously I see no difference btwn my X and my 6s Plus. Neither do 2 other family members.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.