Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the_color_orange

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
South, South Texas
Ive been using my iPhone X for a few months now. It seems I have a problem with screen rotation. Every time I want to rotate my iPhone, the screen is stuck in portrait. Its very annoying when you're in YouTube and want to watch a video. It seems to work after a reboot. It sucks to know that every time I want to you my iPhone in landscape, I have to reboot the device. Anyone else having this problem?

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
Ive been using my iPhone X for a few months now. It seems I have a problem with screen rotation. Every time I want to rotate my iPhone, the screen is stuck in portrait. Its very annoying when you're in YouTube and want to watch a video. It seems to work after a reboot. It sucks to know that every time I want to you my iPhone in landscape, I have to reboot the device. Anyone else having this problem?

I don’t have this problem. If it works fine after a reboot then I’m assuming you don’t have rotation lock on. Try a hard reset:

Press volume up button and release
Press volume down button and release
Press and hold side button until screen goes black and the Apple logo appears and then release

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012

Happens to me on the iPhone 8+. Reboot usually works for a little while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.