Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chevelle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
I’ve had a X since they first came out. Got in on the first preorder. Wasn’t happy with the display at first but got used to it.

We just got another one for my wife and there’s definite differences in the screens and the colors. With the brightness the same one screen has brighter colors, whiter whites while the other is much warmer. Seems like there are a lot of variances in these screens.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I’ve had a X since they first came out. Got in on the first preorder. Wasn’t happy with the display at first but got used to it.

We just got another one for my wife and there’s definite differences in the screens and the colors. With the brightness the same one screen has brighter colors, whiter whites while the other is much warmer. Seems like there are a lot of variances in these screens.

Truetone is OFF for both phones? There will be variation in TrueTone device-to-device in the same spot based on a lot of factors, just like a camera will screw up auto white balance sometimes.

Reactions: akash.nu

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Due to TrueTone this should no longer be an issue. The phones are just calibrating the tone differently based on lighting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.