Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thakorn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2017
Found shadow-mask in portrait photos taken by iphone X in portrait mode...rectangle-shaped on lady's faces around her eyes down to the cheek. Do you guys noticed the shadow mask? Does anyone here has same issue?
wXgxsXawk0diHhvD2
Xm8PlBkYYB0d4HWp2

[doublepost=1513171199][/doublepost]
y10HmT80sa9dWKrt1

[doublepost=1513171248][/doublepost]Help me cannot upload photos.
[doublepost=1513171365][/doublepost]https://photos.app.goo.gl/wXgxsXawk0diHhvD2
[doublepost=1513171480][/doublepost]https://photos.app.goo.gl/8d2lhacqvvojxAs73

Last edited:

Thakorn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2017
Do you mean vignetting around the subject? If so, those photos make it very hard to see that.
If you focus to the lady’s face, especially around her eyes and cheek... you will see rectangular-shaped area over her face... Did you noticed that?

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Slightly. The first one doesn't really seem rectangular. Something does look a little 'off.' I don't see it in pics I've taken with mine. A bigger group of comparisons would be better.

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
I see a box around her eyes in both examples. I think something is wrong with your camera sensor. Have you tried taking photos of something with a solid color? try taking a photo of a white wall. also try examples recreating the lighting conditions I.E. Take a photo with good even lighting of a white wall and try taking photo of a white wall with dim lighting.

Thakorn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2017
Slightly. The first one doesn't really seem rectangular. Something does look a little 'off.' I don't see it in pics I've taken with mine. A bigger group of comparisons would be better.
Thanks for your advice.
[doublepost=1513214255][/doublepost]
I see a box around her eyes in both examples. I think something is wrong with your camera sensor. Have you tried taking photos of something with a solid color? try taking a photo of a white wall. also try examples recreating the lighting conditions I.E. Take a photo with good even lighting of a white wall and try taking photo of a white wall with dim lighting.
Thanks for your advice. I’ll try as you suggested.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.