Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I have an iPhone X that I use to take photos. It's connected to my iPhone 12 Pro's hotspot so they can be uploaded as I go along. The phone keep losing it's connection so I have to open settings on both phones to reconnect. I could go an hour or two without this happening or it could happen every 10-15 minutes. I've only had this issue for the last 2, maybe 3 months. It worked perfectly fine all day long before that. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
The more I've been thinking about this, I wonder if it started happening after I installed iOS15 on that phone. There was something else that was happening then it stopped about a month ago. I'll listen to music on my Air Pods. Those are connected to my iPhone 12. There would be times when I'd turn off the screen on the iPhone X. That would stop the music so I'd have to take the phone out to restart it. Going back a few months ago, everything worked fine. No issues. I don't think AT&T will set me up with a data plan on the X.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
iOS device to iOS device will always eventually disconnect the hotspot connection in my experience using hotspots for years.
The work around that worked for me was to connect an Android phone or tablet to the iPhone hotspot also, then the hotpot would never disconnect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.