Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
My little dachshund must have been running a fever last night. She was on my lap while we were watching TV and my iphone x was in my pocket. I reached for my phone and was completely shocked at how hot my phone was. It is never hot like that, and I think her temperature raised the temperature of my phone.

It was so hot I feared using it and sat it to the side and when it had cooled I picked it up and my phone was working fine. Do you think this could have damaged it?

I do think she had a fever as her nose was hot and the insides of her ears. But this morning she seems ok.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
My little dachshund must have been running a fever last night. She was on my lap while we were watching TV and my iphone x was in my pocket. I reached for my phone and was completely shocked at how hot my phone was. It is never hot like that, and I think her temperature raised the temperature of my phone.

It was so hot I feared using it and sat it to the side and when it had cooled I picked it up and my phone was working fine. Do you think this could have damaged it?

I do think she had a fever as her nose was hot and the insides of her ears. But this morning she seems ok.

When you do use it, I would monitor if it gets extremely warm or hot again. If it does, contact Apple. But I would be willing to believe that your body heat and/or from your dog caused the iPhone to significantly warm it up. If there was any internal damage, you will know by using the iPhone.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
When you do use it, I would monitor if it gets extremely warm or hot again. If it does, contact Apple. But I would be willing to believe that your body heat and/or from your dog caused the iPhone to significantly warm it up. If there was any internal damage, you will know by using the iPhone.
It’s never not once even got slightly warm. My dog is sick and we are taking her to the vet.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It’s never not once even got slightly warm. .

Which is why I mentioned previously the iPhone increasingly became warm likely from you and your dog. Point is, when you use the iPhone from this point forward, just monitor for any more thermal abnormalities.

Reactions: anitak1982

Pseudo-Fed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2017
Dog's normal temp is 101-102.5 fahrenheit. Especially if fever could make it feel warm to you. The device has thermal protection.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
Dog's normal temp is 101-102.5 fahrenheit. Especially if fever could make it feel warm to you. The device has thermal protection.

Thank you. I hold her all the time and this was just way out of the ordinary. She ended up vomiting today. Have an appointment in the morning for her

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.