Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
So -- I have made a wallpaper for my iPhone X, from one of the posters for "Blade Runner 2049". Its resolution is set to exactly 1125 x 2436, the stated resolution of the iPhone X's screen. But when I apply the wallpaper on my iPhone X, in Still mode -- so it should exactly fill the screen -- it is actually LARGER than it should be and stuff gets cut off at the top, bottom, and sides of the screen. So my question is: Why? Is the resolution of the screen NOT actually 1125 x 2436, but something lower?
[doublepost=1510023067][/doublepost]Note that if I view the wallpaper in the Photos app, it properly fills the screen -- it's only as wallpaper that it appears larger than it should.
[doublepost=1510023408][/doublepost]NVM -- I figured out that the wallpaper function was actually doing the zooming and that I could resize the image to properly fill the screen before setting it as wallpaper.

Reactions: illitrate23
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.