Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djdownhill

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Possible to re-size any of these wallpapers to properly fit the iPhone X lockscreen?
All of them seem to have issues with height/width
Thanks in advance!
This maybe?

I tried? :(

Attachments

• B&B.jpg
    B&B.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 698
  • Hulk.jpg
    Hulk.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 824
  • Jaws.jpg
    Jaws.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 720
  • Space Invaders 2.jpg
    Space Invaders 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 624
  • Space Invaders.jpg
    Space Invaders.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 787
  • Trooper.jpg
    Trooper.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 617
  • wer01.jpg
    wer01.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 605

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Is it possible for someone to post stills of the iPhone X dynamic wallpapers? The black with blue dots looks nice.

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
Please optimize for my iPhone X
Thanks in advance
Hopefully this works? I set it up so the line near the top sits a little bit below the notch - and then (on mine at least) the rest of the lines fit between the rows of icons. Hopefully that's what you're looking for?
[doublepost=1510509657][/doublepost]
I was wondering is someone could make me these please for the iPhone X.
The EXACT same wording, apart from replacing the iPhone 7 Plus with iPhone X.
Sorry, this is the closest i could get to those images

Attachments

• sf-rr7.jpg
    sf-rr7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 830
  • tal's_iphone_x_badge.jpg
    tal's_iphone_x_badge.jpg
    875.7 KB · Views: 706
Reactions: Fatboy71

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
Is there anyway you can revert the black/grey of the background and X? I reckon that would look pretty cool too.
Thanks again!
The X on the first one i did was a radial gradient, not sure if that's what you were looking for though so i done one with the gradient as the background, and one that uses the grey of your original 8 wallpaper

Attachments

• Cravendale_black_X_3.jpg
    Cravendale_black_X_3.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 698
  • Cravendale_black_X_2.jpg
    Cravendale_black_X_2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 649
Reactions: Cravendale

Cravendale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
UK
The X on the first one i did was a radial gradient, not sure if that's what you were looking for though so i done one with the gradient as the background, and one that uses the grey of your original 8 wallpaper

Perfect! Will alternate between the 3 - really appreciate it!

Reactions: illitrate23

SF-RR7

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
Hopefully this works? I set it up so the line near the top sits a little bit below the notch - and then (on mine at least) the rest of the lines fit between the rows of icons. Hopefully that's what you're looking for?
[doublepost=1510509657][/doublepost]

Works perfectly and Thank you so much.

Cutiekitty92

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2015
UK
Hi everyone please could someone optimise the two for my iPhone X please. The quality isn’t great stretched. Thanks!

Attachments

• 73659C87-DF67-4C91-8474-18B22471F8FA.jpeg
    73659C87-DF67-4C91-8474-18B22471F8FA.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 550
  • 44B98637-EF4B-4C79-9231-8C98C6EE616F.jpeg
    44B98637-EF4B-4C79-9231-8C98C6EE616F.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 531
Reactions: Mel8899

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK

Or thank you very much, really appreciate it :)

So that I didn't have to bother you again to make me another one. Have you got some sort of template made for the name tags, that you just simply enter the text into?

I would like to make some for my girlfriend as well and would like to be able to make them myself, rather than bothering people on here to make them for me.

Would really appreciate it if you could let me know how you make them, and perhaps message me the name tag template (if it is a template you use).

I already have Photoshop.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I went looking for a template but found this site and then just inverted the badge colours and resized the output to the iPhone X screen size (1125 × 2436):
http://www.1iphone5wallpaper.com/name-badges.php

Thanks very much for the help. I have the name badge downloaded from the site in an iPhone 7 Plus sized image. And I have it in Photoshop. But I am struggling to invert the colours correctly, as I have never used this feature before.

When I choose invert from the menu, the name badge changes to the black colour, but the linen background and the string changes colour to (changes to the wrong colour).

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010

Hi thank you so much for doing this. Like so but and I feel rude asking.

Can you make the Apple logo small and the X a bit larger with both without the outline? Like it’s stamped out of the background. Hopefully I’m making myself clear. I’m not sure what’s it’s called though. Thanks again.

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
When I choose invert from the menu, the name badge changes to the black colour, but the linen background and the string changes colour to (changes to the wrong colour).
yep, there were a few steps to it - but not too difficult once you've done similar stuff a few times.
have you used layers in photoshop? I duplicated the layer, selected the top layer, then inverted the colours for that layer.
Then get the magic selection tool, select the background, and the delete the selection.
Then i went around the edges, with the eraser set to very soft and half strength, and tidied up the edges to make sure it looked okay. I let the edge from the lower layer come though, seemed to work better that way.
lastly, the notch at the top of the badge where the lanyard clasp goes, i zoomed in lots and then erased it in small steps to get the background layer to show through.

tororosso

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2012
Hello,
Could someone please make this notchless at the top

I have provided a sample of the bar I would like across the top in the second image I provided of golden gate bridge.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Lakeside_Sunset_1242x2208_IOS6_.jpg
    Lakeside_Sunset_1242x2208_IOS6_.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,962
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 675

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
yep, there were a few steps to it - but not too difficult once you've done similar stuff a few times.
have you used layers in photoshop? I duplicated the layer, selected the top layer, then inverted the colours for that layer.
Then get the magic selection tool, select the background, and the delete the selection.
Then i went around the edges, with the eraser set to very soft and half strength, and tidied up the edges to make sure it looked okay. I let the edge from the lower layer come though, seemed to work better that way.
lastly, the notch at the top of the badge where the lanyard clasp goes, i zoomed in lots and then erased it in small steps to get the background layer to show through.

Hi.

Thanks again. I did do something basic with layers a while back, but I have since forgot what is involved with layers.

Thanks very much for the detailed instructions and your time, really appreciate it. I'll have a try now.

Just one more thing. You mentioned in an earlier post that you "resized the output to the iPhone X screen size (1125 × 2436)". I presume that you went into the Image menu to do this, but did you choose the "Image Size" or "Canvas Size" menu options?
[doublepost=1510783945][/doublepost]

I can't find a Magic Selection tool in my version of Photoshop 2017.

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
Hello,
Could someone please make this notchless at the top
I have provided a sample of the bar I would like across the top in the second image I provided of golden gate bridge.
hope this will do?
[doublepost=1510865848][/doublepost]
I presume that you went into the Image menu to do this, but did you choose the "Image Size" or "Canvas Size" menu options?

I can't find a Magic Selection tool in my version of Photoshop 2017.
it's been a while since i used Photoshop (I'm using Pixelmator - but it shares a lot of features and functions as Photoshop). Image Size will scale the image up or down. Whereas Canvas Size will either add blank shape around your image (if you are increasing the numbers) or crop the image down.
Probably easiest to open a new file, when you can set the canvas to be the size of the iPhone X screen, or if you miss that, then use Canvas Size. And then you can paste in your image and scale/scale it to fit.

I dunno what the magic selection tool is called in Photoshop. You click it on a colour (i.e. black) and it selects the whole region in that area that matches the same colour. In Pixelmator, you can hold down while clicking and drag sideways a small bit, and it'll adjust the tolerance level, so instead of just black, for example, it'll select very dark greys as well. I think Photoshop has something like that - most graphics apps do these days

Attachments

• tororosso.jpg
    tororosso.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 616

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2010
UK
hope this will do?
it's been a while since i used Photoshop (I'm using Pixelmator - but it shares a lot of features and functions as Photoshop). Image Size will scale the image up or down. Whereas Canvas Size will either add blank shape around your image (if you are increasing the numbers) or crop the image down.
Probably easiest to open a new file, when you can set the canvas to be the size of the iPhone X screen, or if you miss that, then use Canvas Size. And then you can paste in your image and scale/scale it to fit.

I dunno what the magic selection tool is called in Photoshop. You click it on a colour (i.e. black) and it selects the whole region in that area that matches the same colour. In Pixelmator, you can hold down while clicking and drag sideways a small bit, and it'll adjust the tolerance level, so instead of just black, for example, it'll select very dark greys as well. I think Photoshop has something like that - most graphics apps do these days

Thanks very much again for all the help you have given me, really appreciate it :)

tororosso

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2012
hope this will do?

That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.