Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is your wallpaper preference?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2009
Doing my due diligence and getting things in order for the data transfer when the shiny new iPhone is in my hands.

Took this photo a few days ago, and can't help but get excited for how it will look on that OLED/Super Retina/Edge to Edge display. Who cares that its after Halloween by delivery date, I am embracing it fully.

Anyone else have a wallpaper in mind? Would love to see some images that you've taken yourselves!

Attachments

• IMG_7446.jpeg
    IMG_7446.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,018

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2009
Yes the top of my wallpaper will definitely be black, and the rest of the image will blend to that
If there isn't already an app to do this to any given image, I think you might be onto something.
[doublepost=1509140396][/doublepost]
Once I get my X I plan on switching the wallpaper to this. Quite fitting, wouldn't you agree?

7aMYgpv.jpg
*saves image for Friday*

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
On a more serious note I'm really loving those new live wallpapers from the new Pixel phones. They look like really subtle cinemagraphs. Hoping we get something similar in iOS 12.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2009
I was thinking of doing the same thing, but for a completely different reason. The more black the more pixels are not lit up.
Here is to hoping that’s not something we have to think about much...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.